At the request of the then parish priest of St. Joseph’s Church, Chennapatna, Fr. J. Louis S.J, three of our sisters including Sr. Collette and Sr. Lucia went to Chennapatna on 30th May, 1958 to begin a school. They taught in the parish school and had a Nursery of our own at our residence. At first they stayed in a rented building and later constructed a convent building. His Grace, Rt. Rev. Thomas Pothacumury the Archbishop of Bangalore approved this foundation by his letter dated 22nd May 1959.
The Parish school in which our sisters worked developed so well that upgrading it to High School was in demand. But the parish priests were not interested in upgrading it. Therefore, we were compelled to start one of our own and named it St. Anne’s Girls’ High School in the year 1980. Sr. Stephanie was its first Headmistress.
Later in 1980 we purchased a few sites at Ragavendra Badavane for a separate high school building. The Kannada and English medium schools of our own were started during the year 1984-1985 to meet the continued request of the parents. The required permission from the education department was obtained. Since the High school at Ragavendra Badavane had no playground, we purchased a plot of land at Appugere village about 1 km away from Channaptana town in the year 1988 in view of shifting the high school. A compound wall for the purchased land was constructed in the year 1995. This campus has also a PUC block which is a sign that people are happy with our service. Besides teaching in the schools, our sisters are engaged in church and pastoral activities.
St. Anne's Convent Chennapatna Bengaluru-571501 Ph. No. – 080-27251680