This house was started when we were still with the Good Shepherd sisters. Initially it functioned as a ‘summer villa.’ SAB being a part and parcel of the Good Shepherd Convent, enjoyed the proprietorship of the land after the separation from the Good Shepherd Sisters. Archbishop Arokiaswamy of Bengaluru gave the clear declaration that the area indicated in the plan has been in use and enjoyment of the SAB for their purposes namely: convent, school, dispensary and other allied purposes and that the Congregation is free to deal with the aforesaid lands for the purposes mentioned above in the manner they deem fit. At this stage, we gratefully remember Mother Anne Josepha for the efforts taken to regularize and demarcate the land.
As per the school records at T.C. Palya, St. Theresa’s Kannada Primary school for boys was started in the year 1916 and the girls’ section in 1922. Sr. Anne Theresa was working from its inception. To mention few more names, Srs. Anne Nathali, Sr. Anne Angela, Sr. Anne Agatha and others rendered their service in T.C.Palya. In the year, 1956 the same school was upgraded into a Higher Primary School. Later in 1981 it became a full pledged High School.
The old house was renovated time and again and at last a new house was built to have better facilities in the year 1976 when Sr. Michael was the superior. However, in 2007, the building was demolished as it was in depleted condition. The school community members were then housed in the Provincialate building (Senior Sisters Home) till 2014. When the new Provincialate came into existence in 2013, the Senior sisters’ home continued to function as a school community. Our sisters extended their service not only in Primary and high schools of Kannada and English medium but also in ICSE started by the diocese. Besides education, our sisters are also engaged in pastoral and church activities.
St. Anne's Convent T. C. Palaya K. R. Pura P. O Bengaluru-560036 Ph.no. – 080-28474628